View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
If Buffalo and Anaheim are talking turkey, I would bet a fine ham sandwich that Lydman is involved in someway. Regier/Ruff never wanted him gone and we could use a versatile responsible puck moving d-man rather than one of the hand grenade lobbers we currently have. Something like....

To Buffalo: Lydman and Hagman
To Anaheim: Leopold and Boyes

Buffalo sheds some cap space and gets a different mix while neither team get's saddled with a long term contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armond White View Post
I'd make that trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Hagman is 100% dead weight. Absolutely not. That's poison for a team with cap problems.
I agree with Harry on Hagman being an unnecessary and wasted target - I'd be happy with a simple Lydman for Leopold swap. As much as Leopold's been good on the offensive side, the Sabres have Ehrhoff, Myers, Sekera and Gragnani to ably fill that role. I think Leopold's weaker defensively and less physical than Lydman, two areas that the Sabres could use better support in to add to what Regehr presently brings. Both Leopold and Lydman have similar cap hits and term left on their contracts so it could be a safe and easy way for both teams to inject more of what each needs. With Beauchemin not being nearly as effective as he was during Anaheim's Cup run and Visnovsky injured at the moment, it would seem that Leopold's offensive abilities could be more in need there than in Buffalo. And Lydman's familiarity with the Sabres system and city would make it a seamless add for Buffalo.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote