View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 01:46 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I 100% understand this.

I'd still argue the difference between us, is I hope he knows something, while you assume he knows something, which is why you wouldn't get mad until your assumption is proven wrong (aka he got claimed).

edit:
Basically, I think what I'm trying to say is, I think you are attempting to appear neutral, but I think you're being as extreme in your opinion as Beef is. You truly believe he knew it, or else I think you'd have to be pissed; as opposed to just being pissed when if it was proven that you were wrong.

another edit:
I don't know if you saw my posts in the Nodl thread, but I think this is the same argument I'm making. Too many people make massive assumptions, and I think you make one in this particular case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I do believe he knew something. What that something is I don't know, but I think that as a GM he has a better idea of what is going on than we do, and while some on here see it as a risk Homer may not have because of his inside information. It is completely possible that he had zero information and in fact does know as much or less than we, I just find that pretty hard to believe.
Here's my quote about assumptions from the Nodl thread. This was preceeded by a small post about how I dislike assumptions and try to only deal in facts. (This is kind of fun. It's like taking the plot to Star Wars, and replacing the characters with Harry Potter characters, yet it still making sense haha.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I agree, and that's my point.

I don't think anyone should ASSUME we could have gotten something for Nodl. I don't think anyone should ASSUME that Homer called around first. Everyone around here chastises everyone else for making assumptions, yet those people are making the same sort of assumptions but on the other side of the argument.

My entire point is, REGARDLESS OF WHAT DID OR DIDN'T HAPPEN...that Homer said the words "gauging interest" and that makes zero sense. None. At all. It is flat out stupid. So he was either talking out of his ass, or he is an idiot.
I don't think anyone should ASSUME that Homer knew he wouldn't get claimed. I don't think anyone should ASSUME that Homer had no idea if he would get claimed. Everyone around here chastises everyone else for making assumptions, yet those people are making the same sort of assumptions but on the other side of the argument.

My entire point is, REGARDLESS OF WHAT DID OR DIDN'T HAPPEN...that Homer risked a sizable chunk of cap space, for both this year and next, for a player that isn't even any good, and that makes zero sense. None. At all. It is flat out stupid. So he either knew something, or he is an idiot. (The world may never know, just like with tootsie pops.)

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote