Future Considerations December Top 30 W/ Fallout Article.
View Single Post
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Originally Posted by
I don't understand why Grigorenko is at #3... Can you explain why he's below Yakupov and Ebert?
This was addressed, with regards to Grigorenko vs. Yakupov, in the fallout article linked in the OP. In regards to Murray, He is still a better prospect in our minds as his game is very well rounded in comparison to Mikhail.
- Grigorenko is truly a high end playmaking/goal scoring weapon who uses his reach well.
- Murray contributes offensively with heady passes and quick transitions as well as nice puck composure.
- Grigorenko has given a good effort but looks to have much to learn about defensive positioning or play in his own zone.
- Murray is one of this drafts top defensive d-men, utilizing great defensive zone positioning and reads as well as a quick stick.
- Both have NHL size and skating ability, although Murray has the better stride between the two.
- Grigorenko has a slightly higher NHL ceiling but also a lower bottom end.
With those points taken into consideration, FC has Murray at #2 and Grigorenko at #3 in our rankings this month.
View Public Profile
Visit Cup's homepage!
Find More Posts by Cup