Thread: Claimed off Waivers: Flames claim Blake Comeau
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
I absolutley think teams were willing to give something for Comeau. The Isles simply didn't want to take back any salary, so we got him for freeskies.

He's been solid so far. Another dumb winger to add to our collection of dumb wingers. But he has been hitting everything in sight and has 4 points in two games. So far, so good.
Taking back a pick is not taking on salary, trading Comeau for an underperforming/overpaid player is not ideal. The Wang not wanting to spend thing is a bit overblown imo.

The thing is that Snow may have had offers from teams low in the waiver pecking order. Snow is notorious for sticking to a price he sets. If he doesn't get said price he won't pull the trigger. I think there is a small possibility that he may have been getting offers not to his liking and refused to budge and instead gave the player up for free in order to gain leverage for future negotiations (I know it sounds far-fetched, but if anyone would do it would be Snow).

He refused to budge on Martinek and Konopka this past season. And although he didn't waive them, he also had no intention of signing either.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote