View Single Post
Old
11-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
This post is a joke. A package involving Cloutier and Jovanovski doesn't exceed Aebischer and Tanguay. Alex is a horse on offense while Jovo is the same on defense. These two packages are comparable.
I'm a Canucks fan and I'd say a package of Tanguay and Aebischer exceeds Cloutier and Jovo. Cloutier and Aebischer are comparable values, but Tanguay is worth more than Jovo is.

That said, the original poster stated that a package of Cloutier, Jovo and other(Morrison) would exceed a package of Tanguay and Abeischer. I think that's a fair observation.

Quote:
Plus, its stupid to mention that "other" as part of your agrument against another team's pckage of players considering the opposing team can simply add other players as well. Further, Morrison, like Aebischer and Cloutier, have no trade value because of their lack of success and high salaries.
Lack of success? Morrison has been in an offensive slump most of the season yet he is still on pace for over 60 points, plays over 20 min/game and is a strong defensive prescence and PK for the Canucks. Morrison is still a very effective player, even while slumping.

Quote:
As an aside...if the Panthers were to get Tanguay, Colorado would need Jokinen in return to make up for lost offense. How does that fly with Panther's fans here?
Jokinen is an UFA at seasons end, but I doubt Panther's fans would be keen on trading Jokinen and Luongo. They'd need more than Tanguay methinks.