View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 05:48 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
Just wanted to update this thread as i have now played 7 games as a defenceman. SO far i am loving it. my partner and i havent been scored on in 3 games. and i have 5 assists so far. the change is definetly good. my forward love me on d because i always make quick accurate breakout passes. my positioning in my zone still needs alot of work, i have bailed my self out a few times with lucky sticks but i am learning as we go.
Glad to hear it's working out nicely for you. There does seem to be a lot of luck involved being a D. Like if caught on a 2 on 1, many times the opponents will screw up a pass, if they can even get it through you. I swear half the time all you can do is hope they will fumble the puck, which they usually do!

I want to share some good news as well. After 18 years hiatus I have joined the league again! It is very exciting. The pace, the tension, the battles are much more furious than our family pick-up deal. Learning defense the last year or two is aiding me and my game now. Also last game I played with an outstanding partner who bailed us out a few times and is great at rushing the puck.

I did have one play I don't understand what to do. In our zone, faceoff, the puck came back to me in the corner, but rolling hard. I went to coral it and quickly their center was all over me. I tried to just hold the puck in the corner and get help(?) but the guy stole it from me. I realize I need to be faster making decisions. Thinking now I should have immediately looked behind my net for an outlet. I am not one to blindly dump the puck, but may be this is a case to smash it up the boards or hard around the net?

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote