View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 07:17 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post

I did have one play I don't understand what to do. In our zone, faceoff, the puck came back to me in the corner, but rolling hard. I went to coral it and quickly their center was all over me. I tried to just hold the puck in the corner and get help(?) but the guy stole it from me. I realize I need to be faster making decisions. Thinking now I should have immediately looked behind my net for an outlet. I am not one to blindly dump the puck, but may be this is a case to smash it up the boards or hard around the net?
When in doubt go off the glass and out. If you have time try to take a look and go behind the net/find a forward. A hard rim behind the net is a good play as well as long as you have your winger (who's in front of the net) head to get the puck before it reaches the other teams defenceman. If you can't get it out of the zone (on your backhand, guy right on you) best bet is to do what you did an eat it in the corner. Don't throw it up the boards unless its going to get out. Also, your d partner should head behind the net on an offensive zone faceoff win and should be calling if he's open.

Also, congrats on joining a league again!

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote