Old
12-02-2011, 09:58 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
I do, I think they are largely horrendous. You shouldn't be writing about cap situations without knowing the necessary specifics of every players' contract. And if you don't know at least inform the reader that the information is incomplete.
You have to write pre-season columns on the cap situation and usually project a cap-compliant write up. You can't not do it just because you don't know that you weren't told everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Regardless, I was just pointing out that none of the things came true. Not placing blame on anyone or anything like that. I just thought it was funny.
He was more misguided than anything, not wrong.

The Flyers had to sign Cash because they didn't have any goaltenders on two-way contracts that were exempt from re-entry waivers. What they didn't need was Johan Backlund to have a one-way year in his contract when it was clear that he was not going to be an NHL goaltender.

Couturier, given his ice time, should not be on the team anyways. He isn't giving you at 18 what he can at 21 at a lower cap number. And, yes it is a big deal, because it's a year where Schenn is going to be at the 3.11 number.

And yes, Bartulis was waived and buried in the minors. He should be playing over Marshall, Bourdon, and Walker, but is not because the Flyers couldn't see a month ahead of time to know they couldn't afford to keep Walker.

But single them out, when they've called everything else that's been done in error. This is a different topic though

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote