Thread: Line Combos: New lines
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Josh Deitell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How so? Hunter destroyed the first line. Kopitar has been invisible offensively 5-on-5 since Hunter was on the first line. I'm glad he's gone.

Williams was wasted on the third line. Stoll was not a good winger for the second line. Gagne and Richards had chemistry, no brainer there. Gagne-Loktionov-Williams looked good with limited minutes in the third.

The only line was effective was the 4th and they have been split up.

I would go with this lineup:

Penner-Kopitar-Brown
Gagne-Loktionov-Williams
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Moreau-Fraser-Westgarth

Loktionov needs skilled wingers. Brown and Kopitar work well and Penner should work with Kopitar.
Kopitar and Brown were carrying that line just fine between the two of them. I don't think Kopi's slump is related to linemates, he does this every year. I liked that third line a lot, I actually thought Williams was the weak link. His play's been garbage of late. Stoll was OK on the wing, considering he never plays there. I liked the face off ability there. Plus Gagne with Richards like you said.

Loktionov has been playing with a lot more poise lately, especially defensively. I agree that he deserves a shot with some talent. I liked having Clifford out there with him to clear space and let him feel safe.

I don't know man. I'm one of those "if you win the lines are fine" kinda guys. We won twice with that last lineup and if the injuries hadn't gone down I'm sure it'd be the same tomorrow.

Penner "should" work, but I'm a little skeptical on that one, as I'm sure you are too. I'm not a big numbers guy as you know, but two assists? There's snakebit and there's poisonous.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote