View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 07:13 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 70
Thanks JustGivingEr. I can understand the options you described. " Don't throw it up the boards unless it's going to get out." Funny, I was trying to give advice earlier in the thread to get rid of the puck, but easier said than done when you're really under pressure and don't want a turnover. It can be tough to admit defeat and just let it go, it's something I need to work on. These are the types of things forwards have to learn the hard way. I had no clue how much of a system the defense practice, with positioning and working as a pair, learning the common reactions a defenseman should have. I do want to say though it can be good for a forward to play D because they could bring a creative, unorthodox yet effective method/perspective to the position.

In the case of my blunder I did get mesmerised by the spinning puck and hesitated for an instant, which led to my dilemma. In the league time and space is very limited. You have to be quicker, sharper than ever before. I know as I get a few more games under my belt I will be more comfortable with the speed.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote