View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
That's good for André. I think he needs a couple of full North American seasons under his belt before he's ready. He's exciting to watch.
I agree. If he continues to really score people are going to start wanting to see him in Ottawa...maybe he debuts this year in the 2nd half but I could see him spending most of next season there too. Great coach down there and in there's been occasions where he's said Petersson was his best forward. Seems like a lot of the concerns with him are being answered, defensive play, playing in the corners, speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
even if coming back from a long injury, imo 11pts in 20 AHL games is still a bit disappointing for a guy with Petersson's skills.. so, albeit explainable with rust and new league/rink adjustment, that makes me wonder whether he really was 100% healthy from the start of the season, or if reportedly he is right now for that matter.

His health is my only real concern; if he is 100% i think he should be scoring like a G every two games (and be a PPG player), not 1 every 4. Hopefully that's what happens moving forward.
7 points in his last 7 is the important trend here...for a rookie player it's probably more important to gauge his adjustment by his most recent stretch of games. To begin the season not only is he adjusting to work, more physicality, linemates, adjusting to life in Binghamton even, he may also not have been on the top line, on the PP, etc.

I don't believe his health really is much of a concern, after he came to Ottawa last year they said they fixed it and it shouldn't hold him back. On the top line now, playing a lot of minutes, and now producing every game....I think he'll now be flanking Da Costa...and while Da Costa has only been down for one game, he might be the best center in the AHL and he's going to get AP the puck.