Subban 4m
Gorges 3.75m
Plekanec 5m
Pacioretty 1.625m
Eller 1.625m
Emelin 1.625m
Markov
(if healthy) 5.75m
Desharnais (borderline, not a fan, but he is quietly changing my view point, don't see him as second line center on a winning team, struggles against top opposition having said that, if we could insulate him with Power forwards like Cole, pacioretty, he's more than ok) 1.625m[

B]Cole[/B] (If we're looking to contend now, he's fine, need some vets)4.5m
Kostitsyn (no one likes him, but I do and have np with him on our roster going forward) 3.9m
Moen I like him, although he isn't really a core player, he's useful to a successful team for sure 1.8m

It's funny, all of the key guys that I consider core or intergal to the teams success now and in the future, only Cole/moen were signed as an UFA, the rest came from within or trades.

I believe that core is pretty damn solid imo. If we could only get rid of Gomez/Cammy/Gionta/Gill/Spacek/ and spend that oodles of cash on players who are somewhat worth it, we'd be all set. I'd start by moving them all. I think we can remain competitive with the core a highlighted and the players acquired for the guys I don't want would keep them in the hunt. The core is strong enough to contend for a playoff spot while building our future with picks/prospects, lesser proven NHLers with some upside. All Gomez/cammy/gionta/gill/spacek could be had for a price imo. If Markov doesn't regain health, we've got more money to spend again.

Gallagher/Beaulieu/Perhaps Tinordi (not a fan) perhaps Leblanc (not a fan)

40.95 cap space. With the core players roughly, plenty of room to maneuver as long as we don't take any bloated contracts in return for the non core players. Hopefully a few can graduate to the big club at cost friendly numbers and we add as required to fill holes.

I know it's a dream world, or a NHL12 exercise, but fun anyways.

Price

Subban Gorges
Markov Yemelin
X x

X Pleks Pacioretty
X DD Cole
Moen Eller Kostitsyn
X X X

Go hard after Suter and maybe Semin. Fill the rest with big bodies who can crash and bang a bit. Gaustad, Thornton ect.

Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 12-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote