View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Christensen's value is larger with the team, then without imo.

I think a lot of fans fail to realize that depth is more important then trading a player away. For what? What are you going to get for him? If its a perfect package deal to get someone who can legitimately upgrade the team, then fine (but you're probably including a top prospect in there as well and Christ is just filler).

Injuries happen, slumps happen. Christensen has value on this team even though some fans refuse to admit it. He's got skil land while hes not on the playing roster right now, if one or two centers go down, you better expect him to be in the lineup...

So you would rather bring up someone from Hartford? And then what, theyll sit the entire time too and kill their development? Christensen provides PERFECT depth. PERFECT. He's a vet whos skilled, he can win a game for you in the shootout, he can play on every line, can score, can pass, can play the PP...

What more do you want? The reason he isnt playing is because he is the perfect depth forward. Thats the whole point!!!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...ticle-1.986231

I agree which is why I think there is a change he stays and Mitchell still goes down once Rupp and Wolski are back

Mitchell can be sent down and EC cant