View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
It was a weak call, but the Ducks had a powerplay with 1:40 to go in the game that was equally as weak. In my eyes, they both shouldn't have been called, but when they called the first penalty to give the Ducks a shot to win, they had to call the Getzlaf penalty.

That's the thing that I find funny, all the Ducks fans on their board are saying the Flyers were given the game. What they fail to realize is that they had a shot on the powerplay to basically win the game before the refs "gave" the game to the Flyers. They didn't capitalize, the Flyers did.

Also I think Getzlaf's antics earlier in the game led to his extra two minutes. He was beaking off to the refs for the other penalty he got called for. When he did it again, the refs weren't going to take it anymore
I actually wrote my above post prior to seeing this quoted post... I'm glad to see it as it backs up my thoughts... except for the part where I believe both calls were legit, and you feel both were "weak"... The Ducks fans have to look at the entire situation and not cry about the end of the game, and ignore the end of Regulation.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote