View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
I never get involved in these Ruff debates. Ever. My personal belief is that every coach in modern pro sports has a shelf life. Some are longer than others, but there comes a time when every coach should be replaced. Has that time come for Lindy Ruff? I'm not sure, though I'm starting to move towards believing it has or will be upon us in the near future. As much as people would like to trade 1/3 of the team, that's not going to happen. I think the guys here need to hear a different voice and be taught new skills and strategies.

Ruff won't be unemployed long, and that's fine. I'm sure he'd do well with a team also in need of a new voice in the room. All good things come to an end, though. I see Lindy Ruff as the Jeff Fisher of hockey: good coach, has had some nice success, well-respected around the league, won't be out of a job long, etc. But he lost his job, too. Ruff isn't and shouldn't be untouchable. I'm not advocating change for the sake of change. But I think there's something stale in that room and it needs to be addressed if it continues much longer.