View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I agree that a coaching change is needed, but I disagree that the problem with this team is more Lombardi's problem than Murray's which is what you had originally stated.
I think there is a disconnect to how you believe a business is run. If you are a floor manager at a retail store, and your employees are performing poorly and have been for quite sometime. Sure it is the floor manager's problem to try to turn it around, but the health of the store is the store/district manager's responsibility. Lombardi's job description includes hiring and firing coaches. The only reason Murray is here is because of Lombardi and the only way Murray can leave is in the hands of Lombardi. Ultimately, this is Lombardi's team, only ownership surpasses his word. If you agree that a coaching change is needed, then you have already admitted that this is a Lombardi problem, not a Murray problem. The ball is in Lombardi's court now. It is the GM's responsibility to act, Murray isn't going to resign and that responsibility obviously doesn't rest on his own shoulders.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi