View Single Post
Old
11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Brad*

vCash: 500
That would definitely be a loss for the Flyers. Primeau does have a role on the team, and a relatively important one. I don't think Handzus is all that far away from Primeau in terms of defensive skill, but I'd prefer to have Handzus in a different role. An offensive one, like he has been.

Personally, I'll wait and see. Concussions are a funny thing, no one really knows when and if he'll be back. That's the scary part though, it's the not knowing. I think in all of the confusion, people start to convince themselves that since they don't know when he'll be back, he'll never be back. Not necessarily the case. Primeau is a tough guy, and someone who is obviously quite motivated to return. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

With that said, we still have to consider the possibility that he doesn't come back. If he doesn't, I am in agreement that another checking line center/good PK'er would be an option. I think Mike Peca would be a good fit. First of all, he'd likely come cheap. He hasn't worked out very well in Edmonton from what I understand, and later in the season he could perhaps be had for a fairly small amount. He's a tough, character player who can fill that checking role and kill penalties. He seems like a playoff type player to me, and someone that Hitchcock would enjoy having on the team. Also, I think he'd do well in a Hitchcock system.