View Single Post
Old
11-29-2005, 05:55 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers75
What starting pitching is on the market right now?
AJ Burnett. Outside of him, there isn't too much. And AJ is gonna be expensive. When Esteban Loaiza gets a 3 year/ 21.375 million dollar deal from Oakland, you know AJ is going to get big bucks.

If there was a pitcher I'd take a flyer on though (pardon the pun), I'd seriously look at Joe Mays. As well, Toronto might have an extra arm or two to spare in Ted Lilly and Miguel Batista. That might be something to look at. If you're also going to look at the trade route, why not Javier Vasquez? I think a return to the NL East would be dynamite for him. As well, take a wait and see approach with regards to what the Yankees are going to do. You have to figure they're gonna pull the plug on the Jarrett Wright experiment. He might be another one who might benefit from a return to the NL East.

As for Urbina and the whole attempted murder thing, I'm willing to bet that it's nothing more than an overactive imagination of people. He's been a model citizen throughout his entire career and this is something totally out of character. I don't think he did it and I think it will come out in court that he didn't do anything.