View Single Post
Old
11-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I was against it a week ago, but, now, with the Kings lines in need of a spark and Lehoux rejoining the Monarchs, I wouldn't mind it. It'd be very important to make it clear to Tambellini that he is being brought up for only a couple games just as a teaser and to show him what the NHL is like. The upcoming East Coast road trip is a perfect excuse, especially the Toronto and Montreal games, because of proximity to Manchester. Tell him that he's joining them for just a couple of games and will return to the Monarchs when the Kings return home. I'd try him for those two games on a line with Roenick and Cammalleri... see if he can spark anything. If he impresses, he can stay with the team, but I would never tell him that ahead of time. If Tambellini can provide a badly-needed spark for this team, it'd be a shame to never utilize it. Even if he doesn't stick and goes back to NH, it might be help Jeff's development to get a taste of the NHL and what he needs to work on. I can't help but see a very brief call-up as a low-risk/high-reward move for the Kings and Tambellini.
If I'm not wrong, it happened the same with Cammy, as he made his NHL debut 3 years ago in Ottawa against the Senators. A short stint, then he was sent back to Manchester.