View Single Post
Old
12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
lol The reaction over the Markov news is hilarious. There are people who think this is great news (Brian Wilde, CTV) & others who are ready to hang Gauthier because of it.

The signing of Markov was always risky & it hasn't worked out in our favour, but then it wouldn't be called a "risk" if the chances of it coming out in our favour was high. It wouldn't be a risk at all then. If Markov has to retire then so be it. His contract is forfeited under those circumstances. Players don't get paid for being retired, so why people are freaking out about that fact....

The only problem I had with the Habs signing Markov was that it was for 3 years instead of 2. Not signing Wiz to a ridiculous 6-year contract was also the way to go.

Our PP sucks, but overall I like how our young D is developing especially Emelin. And, if the Habs do slide, well, this is a good year to do it because it's a solid draft. The worse thing that could happen to us is that Markov comes back too late to help us earn a playoff spot, but improves us enough to finish 9th. I would be pissed at that. Markov missing the season - so be it. The Habs should be better anyway when Campoli & Spacek get back.