Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Seriously.

Not to single you out because plenty of other people have said it...but

Where are these players needed to succeed?

I see holes at

- 1st line lw
- 1st line rw
- 3rd line lw
- 3rd line c
- 3rd line rw

This team is good between the pipes and defensively, but there is clearly, atleast IMO not enough offense.
Saying that the Kings don't have any 1st line wingers isn't correct. Is anyone producing as much as we would like? Of course not, but Gagne, Penner, Williams and Brown are all top 6 wingers. All have scored more than 30 goals in a season and all average over 20 goals per season. That is top line production.

Would you say that NJ doesn't have any top line LWers? Gagne has as many goals as both Parise and Kovalchuk. Parise and Kovalchuk are both -9 and Gagne is +3. Brown is only 1 goal behind Kovalchuk.

Clifford, Richardson, Stoll and Lewis are all capable of playing on the third line. Moreau, Fraser and Westgarth have been a good 4th line.

I see a roster that should compete for the Pacific division. I really didn't think Murray could screw up this year's team, but being 27th in offense shows that he can screw it up.

I would prefer to see Murray go and see what someone else can do to motivate this team. Even if it is Stevens for the rest of this season. Lombardi hasn't been perfect, but he has been able to get the Kings core signed to long term deals without any NTC/MNC. The next GM will not be handcuffed by any of his contracts.

Penner, Richards and Gagne should have improved the offense. Even with Simmonds and Handzus leaving, the offense shouldn't be as bad as it currently is. Do you trade these guys and start over? I don't think so, the best option is to try another coach.

Until then, it doesn't matter who is in the lineup, the Kings with Murray will play for 2-1 wins.