View Single Post
Old
11-29-2005, 10:20 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Chris Gratton again? That would make me ill. And Gratton wouldn't fill the need of an excellent faceoff man, he's as bad as Handzus and Forsberg. If Primeau is lost for good, the Flyers need both a shutdown center and a guy who can win key faceoffs. Preferably within the same player, but they're hard to come by.
Agreed with regards to Gratton. I'll still never understand how he got so bad. It's like Wayne Cashman totally ruined Gratton. Anyways, you know who would have been a good fit to replace Primeau? Dave Scatchard. The man can skate, he's got good size, and he's reliable defensively. He's the kind of guy that would have really flourished under Hitch.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but another player who could fill Primeau's role on the ice would be Radek Bonk. Yeah, he's doing nothing in Montreal right now, but give him the role that Primeau had and I think he could really flourish. He reminds me a lot of Primeau as well. Someone who was drafted high, but never really lived up to expectations.