View Single Post
Old
11-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter
Would he come back now that rigas is gone. I am wondering if maybe he buys the Regier, I am just doing what i am told to do line after seeing how Rigas really operates.

I think with the Isles cost cutting upon them, Buffalo could really make an impact move here.

Afinogenov, Brown, Novotny,Boulton
for
Peca, Cairns

I could see this move being approved financially by Golisano just for the box office impact.

First of all, the notion that the Isles are about to go on some cost cutting binge hasn't got a whole lot of evidence in support of it. There has been some SPECULATION in the media, but the Isles have shown no interest in making any moves. Both the owner and our evil GM have said Peca is going nowhere and Peca himself confirmed that he has been told that he will not be moved.

Second, if the Isles do decide to cutt payroll, Hamrlik and Parrish will be moved before Peca.

Third, you basically offered only player that would actually be of interest to the Isles. Brown is no better than Scatchard or Bates (and, IMO, not as good as either). Afinogenov adds nothing. Boulton is inferior to Wiemer. This is just a collection of spare parts and players the Sabres would like to move.

I can't say I know much about Novotny, but I assume he is a talented young prospect.

If the Isles were willing to deal Peca, which I seriously doubt, the deal would have to involve somebody the Isles actually want, not a handful of third line forwards .

BTW, if you add up the numbers, my guess is your deal is even't saving the Isles a whole lot of $. Peca will make 4.25 million this year. I'm willing to bet that you've added close to that to the Isles payroll.