View Single Post
Old
11-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Agreed with regards to Gratton. I'll still never understand how he got so bad. It's like Wayne Cashman totally ruined Gratton. Anyways, you know who would have been a good fit to replace Primeau? Dave Scatchard. The man can skate, he's got good size, and he's reliable defensively. He's the kind of guy that would have really flourished under Hitch.
I agree, Scatchard would be a real nice fit. But I doubt Phoenix moves him having just aquired him, but who knows.

Quote:
I know I'll get flamed for this, but another player who could fill Primeau's role on the ice would be Radek Bonk. Yeah, he's doing nothing in Montreal right now, but give him the role that Primeau had and I think he could really flourish. He reminds me a lot of Primeau as well. Someone who was drafted high, but never really lived up to expectations.
What's Bonk's contract status? If he's in the last year of his deal, or if Primeau has to hang them up and he's only got a couple of years left, I'd think about it. He's pretty lousy on faceoffs, but he's only 29 and has the ability to pick up some of the slack left by Primeau's absence. I'm not crazy about Bonk, but I'd certainly consider him.