View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He wants to lower "pressure" to increase production in the long run...when 'pressure' is even more prevalent? That doesn't make much sense, IMO, and it's ironic given that he usually produces early on in the season.

At this point, there isn't an excuse for Dubinsky at this point in the goal scoring department. He needs to produce, especially after signing as lucrative a contract as he did last summer, and almost bringing it to arbitration in doing so. After that hooplah, he better damn well deliver, and, thus far, he hasn't. And nobody is to blame for that other than himself.

He's played OK. But, for a player making $4.25M, you have to be better than "okay", you have to be a difference maker once in a while, and he's been a difference maker...well, I really cannot think of the last time he had a game where he was. He's had games where he made a nice play to set up a goal, but, aside from that, he's been a non-factor. So much so, that he's now playing on the 4th line and getting less ice time than players like Boyle, a rookie in Hagelin, John Mitchell, and Ruslan Fedotenko (who, in all fairness, has been excellent lately).

He needs to get it going, now. Would not be surprised if he was a healthy scratch on Monday against the Leafs. In fact, I hope he is. Maybe it'll wake him up.
Please, I hate that idea that he's just not trying hard enough and he just needs to turn it on and start producing.

And you misunderstood my previous comments about managing pressure. Right now Dubi is feeling extra pressure to produce because even though the effort is there it's not leading to production. I believe it is likely Torts realizes this and so in an effort to relieve some of that pressure on Dubi he's limiting his minutes. In the long run the production will be there, so pressure won't be. I'm talking only about the pressure dubi feels with regards to his stat sheet, that has nothing to do with playing in big spots late in the year.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote