View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 02:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

What I DO blame management for is not having a backup plan for their defense. As I stated previously, jettisoning Hamrlik and Wiz in the hope that Markov, Emelin and Diaz would immediately soar in their positions, was irresponsibly optimistic.
It was indeed risky by Pierre Gauthier but saying he had no backup plan at all is unfair IMO, he still targeted Campoli, a guy we gave up no assets for, just too bad he got injured that quickly.. you can see the whole picture different ways.. Personally I like to see the positives of every situations.. While we could be higher in the standing if Markov was back earlier, Campoli and Spacek not injured and all, the org. has had plenty of time to evaluate their actual young defensemen, thats crazy to see a so young blueline in action playing big minutes every nights, thats alot of pressure on their shoulders and the experience they are gaining is priceless.. When the injured guys are back, Gauthier will have his mind clearer about the future decisions to take, our D will be much deeper cause we all know guys like Emelin Diaz can play and still can improve.. Personally I wouldnt be surprised to see Martin bench Gill when everybody are back, I wouldnt be surprised to see Weber being traded cause he has been the most inconsistent of our 3 kids and has more NHL experience than both..

Everything isnt negative, the experience the kids gained since the begin of the season should pay alot at the end.. If Emelin and Diaz keeps improving. the pairings Martin will use in the second half should be very interesting and possibly very impressing.. I really like how Emelin and Diaz are playing at the moment..

Markov Emelin

Gorges Subban

Campoli Diaz\Spacek