View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The replacements for Wiz and Hamrlik were Gorges, Markov and Campoli. They also added Diaz and Emelin for depth, obviously they did not expect Diaz and Emelin would be top 6 regulars for most games to this point even if Markov had to miss more time. At one point our 4 most experienced d-men were out, no amount of planning can account for that.
But when you build your defense on shaky, unproven foundation, you're asking for trouble. And they got trouble. I like Diaz and I'm finally starting to love Emelin, but expecting our rookies to become instant regulars was unfair, and their rookie mistakes cost us games. Markov is like the hot cheerleader who keeps smiling at you but never lets you kiss her. Some of us feel jerked around while waiting, which is the only action we've gotten from him until he puts out. Point it, after Gill and Spacek, every other defenseman we had was either barely out of diapers or barely out of a cast. That is not the recipe for a contender; that sounds more like a team in rebuilding mode, or a team flying on blind hope. I like Campoli, but he was a last-second "uh-oh!" pickup once they realized Markov was out for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Everything isnt negative, the experience the kids gained since the begin of the season should pay alot at the end.. If Emelin and Diaz keeps improving. the pairings Martin will use in the second half should be very interesting and possibly very impressing.. I really like how Emelin and Diaz are playing at the moment..
I agree very strongly with you on this. Using the first half of the season as a development camp wasn't exactly 'Plan A', but our kiddie-corps is coming along nicely. See? I can also be an optimist.