View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Why was Gorges not signed long term?

This summer with Gorges being only signed 1 year, some where saying it was a year deal to make sure his knee was fine and everything.

IMO this guy should have been locked up long term and given a decent salary amount instead of settling for 1 year. He has been worth every penny.

What gets me if the leg was an issue why was Markov given 3 years at the same exact salary something Markov. Gorges is not even making under even half of that.

Some say because its Markov and he is an allstar. But why not the same for Gorges, a lot more younger and most can say that he will probably be our next Captain.

Just now we are going to have to re-sign Gorges, Subban, Eller, Kostitsyn and Price.

I just don't understand why Gorges wasn't given the same treatment as Markov was given the benefit of the doubt and signed to a reasonable long term contract saving us possible cap space, but now we have to lock these guys up. Just don't understand the difference between Markov and Gorges. Too be honest I found Markov was more a risk than Gorges but Markov got the money he demanded where as possible future captain had to settle before almost making it to arbitration.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote