View Single Post
12-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Seasons Greetings
vCash: 500
Also anyone with struggling goalies who are usually good, but on poor teams this year, if the FA pool has some decent pick-ups who have been playing well during spot starts, it might be worth it to sacrifice an extra forward, especially a deep position like center, to drop for one of the goalies.

Sometimes rotating 4-5 goalies, some who are hot, or spot starting over a slumping #1 is the only way to salvage the goalie categories since dropping the slumping goalie is not an option.

That is, if you aren't able to make a trade using one of your strong areas.

In a deep league for example I am rotating, Pavelec, Rask, Bobrovsky, Giguere, and have been lucky with Elliot. Between all of them I have won goalie categories most weeks. Not every league will have that many decent netminder options available in FA, for instance in a 12 team league right now the only available goalies are Clemmensen, Biron, Bernier, Chris Mason, and Boucher. I'm stuck with Pavelec, Giguere, and Schneider. It's a short roster too, so I can't really sacrifice the forward spot to get Clemmensen or Bernier.

All depends on the league, FA pool, and what you're willing to risk.

Last edited by DMPD: 12-04-2011 at 10:30 AM.
DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote