View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I agree with you, I don't think he'll ever get in. But people who weren't fans when he played really don't understand the impact he had...Flyers games, particularly in his first few years, were must-see for hockey fans because of Hextall. Between the possibility of him scoring a goal, and the possibility he might blow a gasket and go nuts on somebody.
I once believed that a Cup win for him would get him in the HHoF... In retrospect I guess his lack of good numbers over his career, when the length of his career is considered, would preclude his induction.

That said, it has to be taken into account that his final Flyers totals in wins and games, both Regular and Postseason IIRC are greater than HHoF member Bernie Parent... The main difference, and they are huge ones, is the two Cups and two Conn Smyth Trophies (Hexy had one as the losing Goalie) and the spectacular numbers Bernie had in those two Cup winning seasons and Postseasons... So, IDK, maybe a Cup win would have been enough, when you add it to his status as an innovative NHL player.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote