View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Slick Eller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm curious, for the guys who've been watching a tonne of junior hockey for a long time, when's the last time you've seen a top prospect (like a top 10ish pick) with the acceleration of MacKinnon? I'm just so impressed by how quickly he gets up to speed, he literally seems to be able to go from slowly coasting to a blazing top speed in about a second. Hall, Seguin, Duchene, Evander Kane, Stamkos, Kessel, Crosby and Ovy are all top picks who can go from zero to flying in a hurry (while keeping control of the puck), but I think MacKinnon's acceleration might just be even more impressive than these guys were at the same age. His hands and hockey sense seem a touch behind some other recent elite prospects (still has amazing hands and hockey sense for his age, but just a bit raw compared to some top picks who have amazing polish even at a young age), but good god, he's just an explosive human being in terms of how quickly he accelerates/moves, and seems to be pretty powerfully built too (for his age).
I'm not so sure if he enter your criteria. But as far as I remember, Pavel Brendl was a top-10 prospect at some point, he had mad acceleration. Rico Fata might be another one.