View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I made a point but you seemed to completely miss it...they DIDN'T expect Diaz and Emelin to become instant regulars, they were penciled in as #7-8-9 with Weber. St Denis was #11 on the depth chart or lower...then markov had the setback, capoli got hurt, Nash did also, Spacek got hurt twice and then Gill got an infection.

You think that if Boston loses Chara Seidenberg Ference and Boychuk go out that they won't miss a beat?

last yaer Pittsburgh had a ton of depth at center, then at one point Letestu and talbot were their top 2 centers...you can't really plan for disaster...
I don't think I missed your point. I'm saying that, going into the season, we never had that corps of regulars you mentioned. Our entire roster of healthy, experienced d-men consisted of Gill and Spacek. Period. Gorges was coming off a long-term injury (thankfully, he was okay to start). PK was still a developing star. Weber was a developing 7th d-man. Everyone else was blind optimism.

What does it say about our defense strategy when losing Spacek and a last-minute signing like Campoli throws the team into total disarray?