View Single Post
Old
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Hockeygirl2748

vCash: 500
I will be posting a November review soon. Wanted to start off with a post about the Falcons weekend.

It was another 3-in-3 weekend with the birds going 1-2 on the weekend.

12/2 @ Worcester Sharks

The Falcons opened up on the road in Worcester Friday night. Losing 4-3 in OT. I was not in attendance for the game, but was told goaltender Manny Legace was not stellar in net. OT winner going 5hole. Wade MacLeod opened the scoring at 3:10 of the 1st with assists to Aaron Bogosian & Brett Lebda. Cam Atkinson scored on the PP at 5:25 of the 2nd. Assists to Martin St. Pierre & Alex Giroux. Ryan Russell closed the Falcons scoring at 18:13 of the 2nd. With the only assist going to Brett Lebda.

1 fight

Dane Byers v.s.Sena Acolatse
Ryan Russell & Benn Ferriero also received minors for roughing.

The Falcons had the lead each time they scored, but could not hold the lead and lost at 2:22 of OT.

12/3 v.s. CT Whale

The Falcons lost 6-3 in what was a a bad game and horrible 3rd period.

After a scoreless 1st period in which the Falcons had two 5-on-3′s

Dane Byers opened the scoring at 2:34 of the 2nd period. Assists to Alex Giroux & Nick Holden.

Tim Spencer scored the Falcons 2nd goal of the game at 5:00 of the 2nd period. Screened Whale goalie Chad Johnson and tipped it in. Assists to Wade MacLeod & Ryan Garlock.

Dane Byers scored his 2nd of the game at 2:17 of the 3rd period. Looked like a redirection from my viewpoint of Matt Calvert’s shot. Assists to Calvert & Brett Lebda.

This is when the wheels flew off. The Falcons allowed 5 PP goals in the 3rd period. 5.

Former Falcon Andre Deveaux scored 2 for the Whale and was part of a play that lead to a major and game misconduct for interference (thought it was a high stick myself) to Adam Mair. A play that I believe may land to Mair being suspended again.

A couple of bright spots in the game were Cam Atkinson and Brent Regner having solid games. Regner was solid on defense. Something that has not happened a lot this season.

A few bad notes…

Allen York looked shakey in net. 5 were PP goals, but he was down alot, leaving the goal open.

Holden had 2 penalties which is very unlike him. Both lead to goals.

Alex Giroux with undisciplined play and a penalty. The rule is, the retaliatory penalty gets caught.

12/4 v.s. Portland Pirates

The Falcons got back to winning, with a 2-1 win.

Dane Byers opened the scoring at 13:25 of the 1st period. A SH breakaway goal. Assist to Andrew Joudrey.

The Falcons scored the GWG at 19:45 of the 2nd. Alex Giroux with assists to Martin St. Pierre & Brett Lebda.

A few notes…

Manny Legace was injured by Brock Trotter with just over 5:00 to go in the 2nd. Legace was down on the ice a few minutes before getting up and staying in for the rest of the period.

Allen York would replace Legace in the 3rd period.

Legace is out with a lower body injury. As of tonight I could not find out the extent of the injury.

Allen York looked to possibly injure his right leg with a few minutes left in the 3rd period. York made a save and when the play was back int he Portland zone, York was still down on one knee. He did get up and was shaking his leg. He stayed in he game since we had no other goaltender available. York looked to be ok postgame, hopefully no injury.

Dalton Prout was also injured in the 3rd period. Lower body injury, to put it gently. Stick to the groin. He was in obvious pain still postgame with a major limp. Get well soon kid.

David Savard has looked bad the past few weeks. Lots of turnovers and his positioning has become a major issue.

Brett Lebda is putting up some good points with assists, needs to pick up his defense to climb from the 3/4 pairing.

Tomas Kubalik seems a bit lost this season. Hate to say it, since he is my fav. Hope he can find his game and put up points soon.

Falcons only taking 2 penalties(both to Kubalik unfortunately) is very refreshing. And killing both. Tiny victories!

A few other notes from the weekend…

Nick Drazenovic missed the weekend’s game with an injury.

Maksim Mayorov returned to the lineup after missing 9 games to injury. He played 2 of the 3 games.

Cam Atkinson has been looking good, great moves and his speed is amazing. Needs to finish more and he will be in the NHL fast.

Cody Goloubef has been steadily improving. Not seeing the glaring mistakes of last season. Not NHL ready by any means, but a good 3/4 AHL d-man.

Also the Falcons released goalie Danny Taylor this week. If you follow me on twitter, you know my thoughts. Happy Danny has landed a contract with another AHL team (Abbotsford Heat) and I wish Danny all best!