View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 02:26 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
This doesn't really answer his question though.. Islander fans go through this crap every year and Ranger fans make fun of them all the time because they don't show up. I don't see the difference here. My family is mostly Met fans and we go to games all the time because they are still fans and want to see their favorite team live. It's weird that you were one of the main people rooting against the Islanders during the vote for their new arena for this reason and you support Met fans not showing up. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.
If isles fans don't support the team it's leaving. If mets fans don't support the team, the wilpons are leaving. Also the leagues are completely different in terms of how much each team spends on the players. Part of the reason mets fans are upset right now is we were outbid by the marlins. How is that possible? We're a NY team, not some small market team. Plus the isles started rebuilding when they were bad. The mets don't seem to have a clear plan the fans can get behind. It seems like they're somewhat trying to be decent now and hope to be better in the future. If we're in rebuilding mode than why is wright still here? Why did we keep reyes last year? Why is Dickey here? And where are the promising young players?