View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 04:00 AM
  #30
serge2k
HFBoards Sponsor
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I'm sure I've said this before but my ONE complaint about Hammer is he doesn't seem to have another gear to play up to in big games when everyone else is going that much faster and trying that much harder. Perhaps that's just a product of being so good all the time [as opposed to KB3 who brings his game up like 17,000 levels]. But he seems to lack that innate ability to take control of big games as you might see Weber or Keith do.

But other than that he's been unbelievable for us. The scouting report on Hamhuis from Nashville was he was supersolid 95% of the time and the other 5% he'd be making Marc-Andre Bergeron-esque gaffs. Not so! We've seen Hamhuis have bad games (and last year he did seem to have have these brief hiccups in his game) but he's really zoned in at the moment, rarely making mistakes.
Thats why Weber is a 7 million dollar dman.

and Bieksa takes him game from complete crap to pretty good depending on his mood and how much Hamhuis can cover up for his ridiculous mistakes that night.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote