Thread: Marcel Hossa
View Single Post
Old
11-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Heart? We're not talking about Marian here, but Marcel.
I mean lol, he's as heartless as Perreault in his play. Sure he goes along the boards, but he also always passes the puck where there's no one. And I repeat, always. Just watch for this specific thing in the next few matches, you'll notice.

It's also been two breakaway passes missed by him, can't keep it on the stick. He has the speed but can't take the passes..

He has some qualities of course but somehow I only noticed his weaknesses so far.
I somewhat agree to what you are saying. He is often out of position, and rarely goes to the net. He has trouble taking NHL quality passes, and often loses the puck in the offensive zone.

However... it could be the players around him. I'm not sure he gets a lot of help, since the players he is learning from aren't exactly the best role models.

He certainly had the touch in junior, we have to give him a chance to develop. If that takes few years, then fine. We certainly are not hurting out team by keeping him here.

My biggest concern, is that he will be in too much of a defensive system in Montreal, and it will hurt his development in regards to offense.