View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Ice Crusher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Re-watched the game. A few notes

1. Another excellent game by Varlamov. The game takes on a whole different complexion imo if Varly lets in that SH goal. His rebound control was stellar as it should be especially against a team like Detroit. Cant fault him on either goal. The first goal was world class play by Datsyuk and the second goal Cleary was standing in his grill while Hejda watched. We are all on the ROR wagon and righfully so but Varlamov has been our bes player the last 4-5 games.

2. ROR is on a hot streak similiar to when Duchene goes on his streak. I dont expect it to last much longer but its fun to watch nonetheless. His block/steal on Datsyuk set up his eventual ENG. ROR won this round against Mr. Datsyuk.

3. Fire Sacco

4. EJ had a strong outing...in the offensive zone. He had a few shaky moments in the defensive zone one of which was a terrible turnover in the neutral zone. Other than that I thought he looked poised and really confused the Detroit D a bit down low. Cant wait to see his reaction when he finally scores one.

5. Landeskog's best game since the Chicago game earlier this year. Two very nice set ups. Hes been much better since the addition of hejduk on that line.

6. Stefan Elliott had his worse game so far. His first few games he wasnt dumping the puck in on the PP now it seems like he is. Not liking that. I hope he doesnt get scratched.

7. Kyle Quincey. Geez where to begin. His play has been regressing alot lately. I thought with Johnson back that he would have a better game but he was terrible. Couldnt stay on his feet, couldnt keep the puck in, lost coverage of his man on numerous occasions. The one good thing he did was a block shot in the 3rd other then that he was the worse D-man.

8. Freakin Ryan O'byrne can hit the net from there but cant when hes 20 ft away?

9. Matt Duchene was dangerous all night. Atleast hes getting chances now so aslong as that keep sup he'll score soon enough. Nice to see that excitement on the Stastny goal.

10. Stastny showed up on the stat line and deservedly so. Hes played well lately without getting rewarded. He finally scores and the hockey gods think its funny to injure him. I hope its not severe because we do need Stastny.
Very nice post ice berg slim! Couldn't describe it better than you have in this post.

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote