Thread: Marcel Hossa
View Single Post
Old
11-02-2003, 05:31 PM
CHareth

vCash: 500
I'm gonna copy and paste Mike8's post on Hossa (taken from another thread).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Hossa has been the best player on that line of late. He does all the little things that make the line work. Without him, the line would be terrible and a defensive liability.

Currently Hossa is the defensive conscience on the line, while being the strongest forechecker, easily the strongest player along the boards and in the neutral zone. He's very solid off the draw, and drives the net with authority.

His play without the puck has advanced tremendously this season. It's his play with the puck that is lacking severely and the reason why posters are getting on his case. That said, his play with the puck is not a real problem for the line, considering Ribeiro and Zednik both enjoy hanging on to the puck way too long.

I'm starting to feel a bit like a broken record with regards to Hossa. Every poster is getting on his case, and just refuses to acknowledge the strong fundamentals that Hossa has brought every night -- and is improving every night. If this keeps up, I'm just going to copy/paste that above message in all the Hossa-bashing threads.
Hope you don't mind me copying/pasting it, Mike8, but you weren't around to do it.