View Single Post
Old
11-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yentlmania
Long suffering Blues fan here...interested in your thoughts on Weight as your centre du jour. Meets your 3 criteria, excels at playoff time, wants to go to a winner , excellent playmaker, might help mentor some of your youth, presume some longer term deal would be worked out in advance//parallel to the deal to make it work for you. Realistically, what would be available back, keeping in mind that both Ottawa and Calgary are on the record as being interested?
Well, I think he would only be dealt to us at the trade deadline, and even then, we are probably looking at near 2 million due....If we did trade, I would say we would try to pawn off a second round pick, and if more was needed a forward wing prospect such as Shishkanov or Glazachev. The prospect may need to be switched to a roster player if the incoming salary is too high, in which case I am not sure we would even make the trade. Still, this move would only be made if Poile was really confident in our chances to go forward in the playoffs.....i.e. this move pushes us over the edge. I'm not quite sure we are there.

So anyways, does that answer your question? Its very similar to the Kovalev deal to the Habs....we would probably be overpaying. I don't have a standard to base this on as the trade climate in the NHL has drastically changed. Maybe a second gets it done now...