Old
12-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I'm fine with going with Murray until the end of the season. I don't think changing coaches in the middle of the season would help this team in particular. They're a very mentally weak team and this causes a lot of the problems that fans have with the coach. Firing Murray wouldn't be this great panacea that people seem to think it would be.

In short, I don't think the problem is the coach's message, I think it lies within the team. But after the season, yeah, get rid of him please.
If you don't think Murray is the coach to get the "mentally weak" team to the Stanley Cup, why waste another season with him? Firing Murray has never been viewed as a great panacea; it's just the best option to see if major roster changes are still needed. If the Kings let Murray finish the season and they miss the playoffs or lose in the first round, how does Lombardi know if major roster changes are needed? Does he just fire Murray in April and hope that the next coach can get it done? Wouldn't you rather see a new voice in the room to see if the roster isn't as "mentally weak" as you think?

I really believe that Lombardi thought he made the right roster changes this off season to get results and so far the Kings are worst. I would love to hear his thoughts on the current situation. For a guy who can't usually shut up about stuff, he hasn't talked about the team much this season. Only piped up to ***** about the officiating again.

Why do you think the team is mentally weak? What gives you that idea?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote