View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Why do you think it takes 82 games for a few new players to make an impact with their new team? Seems like a lot of players start well with the Kings and then fade. Penner and Gagne are the latest.

Why make any changes then? Why trade for Mike Richards? Why sign Gagne? Why trade for Penner? Lombardi has made a ton of changes over the years and I didn't hear you complaining about how long it takes for them to "assimilate". Usually more offense skill=more offense, why does that have to be different in LA?

When is okay to make changes? When they are so far back of a playoff spot that it doesn't matter anymore? Are the Kings still "ahead" of schedule?

How do you know that coaching isn't the issue with Brown and Kopitar's inability to breakout? They are reaching their prime years and I don't see the fire in them yet. Could it be that Murray is too passive and allows the inmates to control the asylum? Nobody really knows, but 3+ seasons of Murray hasn't shown any improvement. How many more season do you give him?
Murray's message may not motivate Kopitar and/or Brown. I am not in the room, so I don't know. To answer your question, I am willing to give Murray all the rope he needs this season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote