View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I think Darche is a good 4th liner. Seems like a lot of people would love to have a EA Sports kind of 4th line with Forsberg, Selanne and Fedorov on it. Truth is, the 4th line really doesn't make that much of a difference in a game. Darche and Nokelainen are doing a good enough job there. They play 5-10 minutes of solid hockey every game and everyone who whines about them is just really looking for things to ***** about.

That said, I am looking for the return of White. If only to boot the 7th dman out of that line. Also, White can create some energy and momentum. I enjoyed watching him last year, and I'm looking forward to his return. But don't kid yourself, he's not going to make that big of a difference.

Edit - As for the PP time... Yikes. That was bad. But the reason he was on the power play was that he was one of the few players on this team that was willing to sacrifice the body and screen the goalie.
He's not a good 4th liner, he doesn't hit nor can he skate and forecheck too well either. The 4th line should come in and shift momentum with energy. He doesn't have that ability.

He's more of a good 13th forward, someone that appreciates simply being paid like an NHLer and won't complain being in the pressbox, yet can come in and make intelligent plays if need be.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote