View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I didnt watch the game, but from what I could ascertain, speed of the leafs killed us again. How are we going to combat this? This is very worrisome.
I think that this may be the Rangers biggest weakness right now... failure to contain speedy players and not having enough fast players to keep up.

Hagelin's speed is somewhat neutralized by playing with Boyle and Mitchell. He turned on the jets when he was in the midst of a line change when I believe neither Boyle or Mitchell was on the ice. To utilize Hagelin's skating to the fullest extent, he shouldn't be playing with one of the slowest skaters on this team.

However, the lack of speed on D... not sure how they are going to overcome this now or in the future. McDonagh is our best skater by far and every other defensemen is either average or sloooow. We have Erixon and McIlrath waiting in the wings, but I haven't been impressed with Erixon's skating and McIlrath is slow. I hope this doesn't become an Achilles heel for years to come... I could see us having problems with fast teams during a 7-game series.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote