12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
As someone who has been going to games for about 30 years and goes to about 15 games a year, I sometimes wonder if most of the people in the building really like hockey. It seems like a ton of people like the "being at the game experience" more than watching the game. They want to see and be seen and have a story of their night.

I'm not going to tell anyone who spends money on a ticket how to behave. But, I wish the home crowds acted more like the Leaf or Canadian fans do when they're in town.
Yet it's been that way for a long time. Anyone else remember the embarrassment that was Gil Perreault's jersey ceremony in the Aud? Dead. Lifeless. Nothing for the team -- and yes, it wasn't all that likeable with Turgeon, Housley and pre-LaFontaine Mogilny as the keys but there was a sense of entitlement and a dower outlook even then. And that was what, '89? The presentation was pretty typical and there wasn't any technology tugging at anyone's attention.

When the team wins, the place rocks. When they aren't winning regularly, it will rock if there is a lot of physical play and/or fighting. And if they aren't winning regularly and aren't physical... it's a morgue. So basically, if they want to improve the fan experience... win games. And if they don't win the games, win the fights.