View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Happy Independence Day Finland!

Today, 6th of December, is the 94th anniversary of the Republic of Finland. I thought this warranted it's own thread, especially with the amount of Finns we have over here. We should (at least us Finns) remember the great heroes that fought in our wars, the civil war of 1918 as well as the Winter War (1939-1940) and the Continuation War (1941-1944) as well as the Lapland War (1944-1945). Still today, across this nation, there are brave men and women who either fought in or contributed towards the Finnish war effort and the struggle, and eventual success, in keeping our independence against our eastern aggressors. I shall open, and drink, this beer for your memory, especially dedicated to my grandfather Juho who fought in both wars and earned himself the rank of a Sergeant in the Finnish army.

Hyvää Itsenäisyyspäivää kaikille Suomalaisille rajojemme sisä-tai ulkopuolella, ja kiitos veteraaneillemme jotka puolustivat tätä maata urheasti aikoinaan. Olemme heille paljon velkaa. Meidän sukupolvemme ei siihen pystyisi. Kiitos.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote