View Single Post
Old
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
When I read the article yesterday I didn't have a problem with it. Suter states that he was unhappy about how the game pairings were managed and that he planned on getting together with the leadership and the coaching staff and that they would sort this all out.

While I think most of us would prefer that Suter didn't speak to the media about it, it happens in most hockey markets when the media sticks their microphones in the right place. Still, Suter did this in a respectful manner and didn't cross any lines.

This isn't a typical Nashville Predator media sound byte, but the team has evolved, the media presence has increased, and I think we're starting to turn that corner a bit.

As far as I'm concerned, when I've coached I always appreciated that if the players had a concern that they didn't hold it back and grumble amongst themselves. Rather I think it's better for them to address this before the next game and get a good dialog going so that both sides can learn from it and maybe resolve the issue prior to the next game.

If Suter had snapped at the coaches on the bench or in the locker room in front of the media, then it would be a MAJOR story. This seems like him talking in a calm manner about an issue he'd like to see addressed and committed to working it out with the coaching staff in a timely manner...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote