View Single Post
Old
12-06-2011, 05:54 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Pass big time. First of all, he doesn't go to Manchester as another poster pointed out. He's up on the pro roster for a month, and we already have a full line sitting as a scratch most nights. We are also trying to save some cap space for the trade deadline, why waste it on a reclamation project? Not to mention we help out a divisional rival who is counting every penny, not just cap space but actually nickels and dimes, like it's an art. Why alleviate them of some costs and a contract spot on their 50 limit?

To get to Manchester, which really seems like the big reason why you are pushing this idea of claiming O'Sullivan, he'd have to fall to us to claim him, stay on the pro team for a month, then clear waivers in order to get to Manchester. He wouldn't get there until mid-January and Loktionov and Voynov could be back there by then, knowing TM/DL. As well, we likely couldn't recall him, as he'd be on reentry waivers and we'd eat half his salary if he was claimed.

How many contracts are we at now? Anyone know? We have any college kids we need to ink to a contract or draft picks as well, all of which will be reaching their deadline before O'Sullivan's contract comes off the books? We would also have one less contract spot open to go after a college UFA. Personally, I'd rather take a chance we find a Matt Read before we try and salvage O'Sullivan.

I think you and me could have terrific chemistry with Kopitar in all honesty.

Sign him to the TSN Hockey Panel then.

Did anyone read Kingsfan's post ?

It should end any discussion about Patty. You don't just pick the guy out of the trash. There are consequences to claiming him.

Lets not ignore those...

Last edited by damacles1156: 12-06-2011 at 07:32 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote