View Single Post
Old
12-06-2011, 06:21 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Sucks for Tampa/Florida, who now have to play 1/4 their season in Canada/Boston/Buffalo.
Sucks more for the other teams that now have to play so many games in Florida... Imagine meeting Tampa/Florida in 12 games.

Another team not too happy about this would be Carolina, I imagine. They go from being in a pretty weak division with low spenders to perhaps the toughest one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
seattle, Kansas City, Quebec and a Hamilton team could all be possible. A league source told andy Strickland that the NHL could expand to 32 teams evening the conferences up at 8 teams a piece
Personally, I'd prefer it if four teams or so were scratched from the league instead. Not enough talent to go round for this many teams, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
That sucks if you're a good team in a tough Conference and place 5th; while another team (that has fewer points than you) in a different Conference places 4th and makes it to the PO...

It sucks even more because that's a huge possibility for the Flyers seeing as how we have NYR, PITT, WSH and NJD in our Conference.

It's also really unfair that Western teams have a 50% chance of making the Playoffs while Eastern teams have a 57% chance.
Your first concern there is valid, back in the 80's the whole Norris division (I think) sucked for a few years. The salary cap and a more liberal free agency should make it so that it won't become that big of a deal though.

The second concern, I am sure there will be either expansion or relocating (or both) coming up to make it more even.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote