View Single Post
Old
12-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesome View Post
I called for Rattie to be our #3 prospect during the ranking process on these boards and now people are really starting to see why.

The kid has so much natural raw scoring ability, I don't know how anyone put him outside of our top 5. Glad to see the Blues have such a talented prospect pool now for the first time in a long while. Our fowards seem to be overcrowded with talent and that is a great feeling!
I'd still have him outside the top-5...scoring in junior hockey doesn't do a whole lot for me. How he projects to the pro game is much more of a question mark than how he produces against teenagers. He's got nice hands and vision for sure...but it's going to take a lot more than that if he's going to be a full-time NHL'er. With the depth this organization has, Rattie looks more like a spare-part that can be used to shore up other areas than a future Blue...at least in my eyes. Let's see him play a year or two in the AHL before declaring him a great find at the top of the 2nd round...as he's far from a sure thing at this point.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote