View Single Post
Old
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Maybe Zanon, if a team like Chicago is desparate enough to round out their bottom pairing D.

With the way Brodz is playing, he'd definitely garner interest (although I want us to keep and re-sign him).
If we sell something at the deadline, we can get picks. Zanon probably doesn't quite get us a second, but a team like Chicago might be interested in one of our depth or longshot prospects (depth - Almond/McMillan, longshot - Haula/Graovac) packaged with Zanon for a second.

Brodziak is showing he might be worth a second + depth/longshot prospect or second + late pick. An aging team with center depth problems or injury concerns might part with a first, but I think that's highly unlikely.

Edit to clarify: I don't think we'll be sellers at the deadline. Zanon would be the only possible exception, and that's only if Falk and probably Zid are healthy, and no one new goes down with injury. Personally, I still think we should sell for picks. This draft is too big to ignore just because we have the playoffs in our sights. However, Leipold probably disagrees, and Fletcher will do as Leipold wants.